Here’s an extensive list of fireworks and festivities taking place across the state of Connecticut this year in celebration of Independence Day, 2010. We’ll add to and revise this list as we find out more.
If you have a tip, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on twitter @CTWeekender. Know of a great place to watch the fireworks from? Leave a comment below and share it with others!
- Greenwich – Brinney Park 9:10 p.m. Greenwich Point 9:30 p.m.
- Manchester – Manchester Community College, 9:30pm
- Norwalk – Calf Pasture Beach In East Norwalk. Festivities start @ 5:30 p.m. (Rain Date July 5)
- Norwich – Dodd Stadium, 9:15pm, tickets required
- Stratford – 9:30 p.m. Short Beach Park (Rain Date July 5) http:
- West Haven – Bradley Point 9:15 p.m. (rain date July 5th)
- Milford – Westfield Connecticut Post Mall 9:30 p.m.
- Wallingford – Sheehan High School, 9pm
- Fairfield – Jennings Beach (Rain Date July 5)
- Middlebury – Dark, at Quassy Amusement Park
- New Britain – 9:15 p.m. Stanley Quarter Park (Rain Date July 5)
- New Canaan – 9:15 p.m. Waveny Park (Rain Date July 5)
- New Haven – 9:15 p.m. East Rock Park (Rain Date July 5)
- Ridgefield – Dusk, at Ridgefield High School
- Weston – 9:20 p.m. Weston Middle School Field (Rain Date July 5)
- Wilton – Wilton High School Athletic Complex
- Waterbury – Municpal Stadium, dusk
- Coventry – 9:00 p.m. Patriots Park, Lake St. (CoventryFest events start at 3:00 p.m.)
- Groton/New London – 9:20 p.m. Thames River Waterfront
- Guilford – 9:30 p.m. Guilford Fairgrounds (Rain Date July 11)
- Hartford – Riverfest On Connecticut River. Entertainment begins at 4:00 p.m., Fireworks at 9:00 p.m.